We are looking for a technical, detail-oriented problem solver to join the SIKU team. The position’s focus will be helping improve the software reliability of our SIKU Web, Android and iOS apps.
What will you do?
- Conduct User Acceptance and Quality Assurance testing for the SIKU Web, iOS and Android apps. This includes:
- Working on small agile teams alongside Mobile and Web Developers
- Conducting Quality Assurance on new features as they are developed
- Conducting User Acceptance testing before each app’s release
- Collaborating with developers to create and run automated testing
- Support a team of Indigenous beta testers doing on-the-land testing. This includes:
- Developing testing procedures and guidelines
- Providing virtual training to participants
- Conducting regular check-ins to communicate current QA priorities and receive feedback
- Work closely with the SIKU Product manager. This includes:
- Providing feedback on new features
- Conceptualizing features to improve SIKU’s scalability and reliability
- Writing feature specifications for new features
- Advocating for accessibility improvements and features
The Ideal Candidate
- Has empathy for Indigenous users and use cases
- Has good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills and is able to write test documentation such as test plans, scripts, and reports
- Has strong multitasking abilities and time management skills
- Is detail-oriented and is able to clearly document steps to reproduce issues using text, annotated images and screen recordings
- Is familiar with building use cases and test cases using decision tables and flowcharts.
- Has strong technical skills and abilities including a solid understanding of:
- Debugging tools
- Is proactive and able to learn the right tools and services to solve the problem at hand
- Has experience with Web, Android and iOS technologies but does not need to be a developer
- Is familiar with Atlassian Suite, including Jira, and Confluence.
- Type: Full-time, contract
- Location: Remote/Work from home. The Arctic Eider Society is based in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut and has over 10 years of experience working as a remote team from coast to coast to coast.
- Hours: Full-time (35-40 hours per week)
- Duration: Long-term contract preferred, with the understanding that if there is a good fit, the contract may be renewed.
- Rate of Pay: Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Inclusion and Diversity: The Arctic Eider Society is a safe space to work and we encourage Indigenous, Black, People of Colour and people of all genders, sexual identities, and disabilities to apply for this position.
About the Arctic Eider Society
The Arctic Eider Society is an Indigenous-led charity based in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut, Canada which facilitates Indigenous-driven solutions for thriving communities. We provide meaningful work, a small team, competitive compensation and flexible work arrangements to facilitate indigenous self-determination at scale.