Join a small team developing SIKU, the Indigenous Knowledge Social Network, helping facilitate self-determination for Indigenous communities in Canada and beyond. You will be responsible for API creation and maintenance on the web backend serving the SIKU web, iOS and Android apps in addition to building new cloud-based micro-services and implementing dev ops solutions that make deployment more reliable and efficient.
- 5+ years experience with relational databases such as MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL.
- 5+ years of experience working with PHP, Laravel and/or Symfony.
- 3+ years experience building cloud computing micro-services. (Google Cloud Platform is preferred but AWS or Azure equivalences will be considered)
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Proficient with git and version control.
- Knowledgeable of Digital Ocean and droplet management.
- Experienced with Linux server management and bash shell scripting.
- Comfortable working in a Docker-based development environment.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Well adapted to an agile working environment where iteration and addressing feedback is at the core of getting things done.
- High level of reading, writing and speaking in English and be eligible to work in Canada
Good to have
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- Experience with orchestrating distributed systems in Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience with versioning of API’s and configuring API gateways.
- Experience working with and maintaining web applications.
- Type: Contract
- Location: Remote/Work-from-home. The Arctic Eider Society is based in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut and has over 10 years of experience working as a remote team from coast to coast to coast.
- Hours: 35-40 hours per week
- Duration: 1-year contract with the possibility of renewal
- Salary: Between $50-60 /hour, commensurate with experience.
- Inclusion and Diversity: The Arctic Eider Society is a safe space to work and we encourage Indigenous, Black, People Of Colour and people of all genders, sexual identities and disabilities to apply for this position.
About the Arctic Eider Society
The Arctic Eider Society is an Indigenous-led charity based in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut, Canada which facilitates Indigenous-driven solutions for thriving communities. We provide meaningful work, a small team, competitive compensation and flexible work arrangements to facilitate indigenous self-determination at scale.