Take a leading role in developing cutting-edge technology to facilitate self-determination for Indigenous communities in Canada and beyond.
You will share the responsibility of maintaining the SIKU.org web app where you will focus on the front-end stack doing maintenance and implementing new features for web users based on provided mockups and specifications.
Additionally, you will take primary responsibility for modernizing the SIKU web app’s vue application; migrating Vue2 to Vue3, investigating visual anti-patterns, addressing scalability and performance issues, and suggesting further improvements to make extending the application easier.
- Is able to create and optimize front-end workflows with tools like Webpack and Vite.
- Proficient with git and version control.
- Being comfortable working in a Docker-based development environment.
- Knowledgeable about WCAG 2.0 AA compliance and understand how to make accessible components and interfaces.
- Well adapted to an agile working environment where iteration and addressing feedback is at the core of getting things done.
- High level of reading, writing and speaking in English and be eligible to work in Canada
Good to have
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite (Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence).
- Experience with PHP, MySQL, Laravel and Node.js is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with Angular.js.
- Familiarity with feature flags.
- Sever(Digital Ocean) and Serverless(GCP) hosting management.
- Has worked with Linux server management and bash shell scripting.
- Basic understanding of Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) code.
- Type: Full-time, Contract
- Location: Remote/Work-from-home. The Arctic Eider Society is based in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut and has over 10 years of experience working as a remote team from coast to coast to coast.
- Hours: 35-40 hours per week
- Duration: Long-term contract with the understanding that if there is a good fit the contract would be renewed
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Inclusion and Diversity: The Arctic Eider Society is a safe space to work and we encourage Indigenous, Black, People Of Colour and people of all genders, sexual identities and disabilities to apply for this position.
SIKU, the Indigenous Knowledge Social Network, is an iOS, Android and web app by and for Indigenous communities that facilitates Indigenous self-determination at scale by providing cutting-edge tools and services for ice safety, language preservation and weather.
About the Arctic Eider Society
The Arctic Eider Society is an Indigenous technology charity based in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut, Canada which facilitates Indigenous-driven solutions for thriving communities. We provide meaningful work, a small team, competitive compensation and flexible work arrangements to facilitate indigenous self-determination at scale.