The Arctic Eider Society is looking for a WordPress developer to design, build and maintain multiple websites built on WordPress to facilitate Indigenous-driven solutions for thriving communities.
- 3+ years of experience:
- Designing and implementing high-quality UI/UX
- Proficient in RESTful API consumption
- Experience using Product Design Software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD ect…)
- Able to work in a self-organizing, self-autonomous team with strong communication skills
- Able to take on a project from concept to completion
- Experience using an Agile development process in small team settings
- High level of reading, writing and speaking in English and be eligible to work in Canada
- Type: Full-time, Contract
- Location: Remote/Work-from-home. The Arctic Eider Society is based in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut and has over 10 years of experience working as a remote team from coast to coast to coast.
- Hours: 30-40 hours per week
- Duration: Long-term contract (6 months) with the possibility for renewal
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Inclusion and Diversity: The Arctic Eider Society is a safe space to work and we encourage Indigenous, Black, People Of Colour and people of all genders, sexual identities and disabilities to apply for this position.
About the Arctic Eider Society
The Arctic Eider Society is an Indigenous technology charity based in Sanikiluaq, Nunavut, Canada which facilitates Indigenous-driven solutions for thriving communities. Creators of SIKU, the Indigenous Knowledge Social Network, we provide meaningful work, a small team, competitive compensation and flexible work arrangements to facilitate indigenous self-determination at scale.